WHM/cPanel: Needing to MySQL on seperate SSD drive.

Greetings,

We’re going to bring online your new corperate machine, which we run WHM to the simplicity of losing to manually set up everything up ourselfs. You’ll find purchased a fresh server with a good SSD because now our MySQL is killing the computer I/O of some of our current server.

Our brand-new servers setup offers 2x250GB HDD (RAID 1) plus a single 40GB SSD. How would I do moving the MySQL database onto the new drive

I pondered simply mounting that SSD as /var/lib/mysql/ : but I do not know if this is an excellent idea, or an effective way to go with regards to it

Suggestions

Many many thanks!

Greetings,

Where is the SSD mounted Personally I’d repeat this:

- Copy all databases
- Bracketted the SSD in order to /mysql (make positive it’s setup inside /etc/fstab etc)
- De-activate the MySQL host (turn MySQL overseeing off in WHM -> Company Manager)
- mv /var/lib/mysql /mysql
- ln -s /mysql /var/lib/mysql
- Examine permissions of brand new MySQL folder (mysql: mysql)
- Test no /etc/my. cnf alterations are required
- Re-enable MySQL assistance monitor

Restart MySQL.

Quote: Hi,

Where is the SSD mounted Personally I’d repeat this:

- Copy all databases
- Bracketted the SSD in order to /mysql (make positive it’s setup inside /etc/fstab etc)
- De-activate the MySQL host (turn MySQL overseeing off in WHM -> Company Manager)
- mv /var/lib/mysql /mysql
- ln -s /mysql /var/lib/mysql
- Examine permissions of brand new MySQL folder (mysql: mysql)
- Test no /etc/my. cnf alterations are required
- Re-enable MySQL assistance monitor

Restart MySQL.

This is a new setup, therefore its not fitted anywhere yet. We obviously will probably set this up before we move the slide images, and we likewise backup important facts hourly off-site. Thanks to your input!!

Quote: This is a new setup, therefore its not fitted anywhere yet. We obviously will probably set this up before we move the slide images, and we likewise backup important facts hourly off-site. Thanks to your input!! You will need to mount the SSD to some new folder — you can’t mount it to /var/lib/mysql It’s my opinion. Hence, /mysql a very good idea.

Quote: Hi,

Where is the SSD mounted Personally I’d repeat this:

- Copy all databases
- Bracketted the SSD in order to /mysql (make positive it’s setup inside /etc/fstab etc)
- De-activate the MySQL host (turn MySQL overseeing off in WHM -> Company Manager)
- mv /var/lib/mysql /mysql
- ln -s /mysql /var/lib/mysql
- Examine permissions of brand new MySQL folder (mysql: mysql)
- Test no /etc/my. cnf alterations are required
- Re-enable MySQL assistance monitor

Restart MySQL.

Just a note you need to alter your the. cnf directives to help point the datadir in addition to socket to /mysql as an alternative to relying on that symlink.

Quote: Hi,

Where is the SSD mounted Personally I’d repeat this:

- Copy all databases
- Bracketted the SSD in order to /mysql (make positive it’s setup inside /etc/fstab etc)
- De-activate the MySQL host (turn MySQL overseeing off in WHM -> Program Manager)
- mv /var/lib/mysql /mysql
- ln -s /mysql /var/lib/mysql
- Look at permissions of new MySQL folder (mysql: mysql)
- Examine no /etc/my. cnf variations are required
- Re-enable MySQL provider monitor

Restart MySQL.

Why not really put OS on SSD after which MySQL will always be on SSD anyway

PS: are certain to get round to striving what you decide to put sometime. Thanks!

Quote: You will want to put OS on SSD after which you can MySQL will always be on SSD anyway

PS: are certain to get round to striving what you decide to put sometime. Thanks! You will want to ask the OP that we posted what he asked to do, which seems okay as MySQL actually outshines on a great SSD. He specifically asked for MySQL on other SSD — not the whole server (by how MySQL isn’t component to the OS). cPanel servers are, ideally, meant to be setup having different partitions.

Quote: You will want to ask the OP that we posted what he asked to do, which seems okay as MySQL actually outshines on a great SSD. He specifically asked for MySQL on other SSD — not the whole server (by how MySQL isn’t component to the OS).

Yes, but when put in say CentOS with cPanel on SSD MySQL continues the same drive After which it use other devices for /home, /home2

Quote: Why not set OS on SSDTo be honest if you ever had enough Random access memory and wanted fine OS performance you should be better out of placing it on the “RamDisk” however getting it to stick owing to volatile memory is actually another subject inside its self

I’d much rather save the actual SSD space for your of the database while it expands.

Thanks with this guys, just done this around the server now and it has worked fine!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Custom Search

Leave a Reply